Thursday, October 27, 2011

Chai tea latte, Jumbo, and ol' school style!

I spent the day in St. Thomas today visiting various schools in the area. I've been here a few times before and wanted to really check out the city for myself. I had to get a picture of "Jumbo" the run away elephant that was tragically killed by a train while en route to save her baby elephant...sad times!

I also was able to check out some of the amazing old-school architecture featured in a number of buildings (one of which is going to house Algoma U's BA program). It made me want to know what the insides of the houses looked like - were they renovated and modern, or were they also "old-school". I definitely would prefer the former choice.

While driving to find a place to grab a bit of lunch or coffee, I drove past a place called "Cravings" and it looked like a great stop to find some good beans! And it was! Although, I didn't have a coffee lol - instead I chose a chai tea latte. I later returned to have an amazing panini with chicken and pesto aoili on herbed focaccia (it had me at pesto).

All in all, it was a great day in St Thomas! To top it off, the ladies at the front desk of my hotel sent up some complimentary Stella! No complaints!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't even know St. Thomas was so cute! And I totally missed the elephant. Plus, way to go ladies man (or lonely drinker?) with the beers from the front desk ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL ... definitely not lonely drinker!

    ReplyDelete