Thursday, October 27, 2011

Black horse and a "cherry tree"

Today I made my way to good ol' Chatham and Blenhiem ON for a few school visits. I had enough time for lunch so I thought I would venture into the "downtown" of Blenhiem to see if I could find something better than Timmies for a quick food break. I parked and made my way down the street checking out the few stores that were there (including a used furniture and books store...kinda neat). I saw a place called "cherry tree" and it looked like a small bistro type place and didn't really fit in with "fat Jimmy's bar & restaurant" across the street. Since I really didn't want to venture into Fat Jimbos, I thought I would likely find some decent food in the other side of the street.

I walked in and was pleasantly surprised to find an awesome bistro/coffee bar that reminded me of Steamy Bean but better! Friendly service and GREAT food with quality ingredients = happy Paul. I had the spicy sweet potato soup and a pear and pecan salad with goat cheese! In Blenhiem ON, across from Fat Jimmys of all places!

No comments:

Post a Comment