Tuesday, November 01, 2011

An Arnprior Adventure...

Today was a quiet day for me in terms of student visits, however, that didn't stop me from getting LOTS of work done.  I was way too early to check into my hotel and wasn't really in the mood to be at McDonalds listening to screaming kids, so I asked one of the guidance counsellors if there were any other coffee shops in town with free wifi and they pointed me to an awesome bookstore/cafe/gallery.  It was triple business location that had adjoining room doors into each other.  The cafe was called "Bonnie Jean's Scones" and the I now know why...the scones were ridiculously good!  I had the Maple Oatmeal scone with homemade raspberry jam and a chai latte.  What made it even better was that the cafe was attached to the bookstore that had a winding staircase leading up to upstairs mezzane with a private seating areas!  I set-up shop here and got so much work done.  In addition to the cafe and bookstore, there was also an art gallery/store with really unique local art and other cool things.  I can think of a few friends who would probably spend more time in there then me, so I snapped a few photos for them...

If you're in Arnprior, ON I would really recommend checking this triple threat out!

P.S. This place made up for the numerous hairs I found in my bed at the hotel... SICK!

No comments:

Post a Comment